This fajita seasoning is the perfect homemade blend to spice up any dish to serve on a fajita. The combination of spices are out of this world AMAZING!
Try my homemade taco seasoning too for more types of seasonings for your next meal.
This is it! This is the seasoning that will enhance, elevate and take your fajitas to the next level. Homemade Fajita seasoning is just what I love when adding a little spice with amazing flavors to any dish. It is flavorful and full of deliciousness in every bite. I knew this was just the seasoning that I needed to make for all my dishes that spark fajita in the recipe and then some. This homemade seasoning can go on just about any dish that is Mexican style or add a hint of seasoning on a salad. The options are endless with this seasoning.
Homemade seasoning is simple and blends together quickly. Simply add in all the ingredients to one bowl and watch the colors turn to an earthy, colorful hue that smell delicious. It is a simple recipe that comes together in less than 5 minutes but adds SO much flavor and color all your fajita recipes. It is one of the best seasons that you will be using time and time again with each recipe. This is a quick and simple homemade seasoning recipe that will take fajitas to the next level!
Fajita Seasoning Ingredients:
All together these spices make the perfect combination and just what a fajita is needing to spice up, sweeten up and enhance every bite. I can’t get enough of how easy it is to mix together and keep on hand for months to come when using. Just double the recipe and add a tablespoon here and there when needed. It is one of the best, most flavorful seasonings out there.
- Chili Powder: A pop of spice is always good when enjoying a fajita.
- Paprika: Red is the color and it is flavorful with a hint of sweetness mixed with some heat.
- Cumin: Earthy flavoring that blends well with paprika.
- Garlic Powder: You can never have enough garlic.
- Onion Powder: Bring in some onion flavoring to enhance this flavoring.
- Dried Oregano: Texture is key with oregano and fun to add in this homemade seasoning.
- Salt: Just a pinch to balance it out.
- Sugar: Add a little sweetness to the seasoning.
- Cayenne Pepper: A little more spice to help add to the seasoning.
How to Make Fajita Seasoning:
- Combine all ingredients together: In a small together combine the ingredients. Use as needed, about 2 Tablespoons per recipe.
How Long Does Fajita Seasoning Last?
This is SO great! Fajita seasoning will last up to 6 months stored in a dry place. Keep your homemade seasoning in a cool, dry place and in an air tight container. Be set for life with this seasoning recipe. Add to every fajita recipe and get ready for a party in your mouth!
How to Store Seasoning:
I always store in a cool dry area in the pantry or a shelf in the kitchen that does not get too warm. This will help keep it fresh longer. A jar or OXO container can help to store it. Even double or triple this homemade seasoning to keep on hand and always ready when making fajitas.
What to Serve Fajita Seasoning on:
Prep Time 5 minutes
Total Time 5 minutes
Servings 2 Tablespoons
This fajita seasoning is the perfect homemade blend to spice up any type of meat to serve in a fajita. The combination of spices are out of this world AMAZING!
- 2 teaspoons chili powder
- 1 teaspoon paprika
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cumin
- 1/2 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1/2 teaspoon onion powder
- 1 teaspoon dried oregano
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon sugar
- 1/4 teaspoon cayenne pepper
In a small together combine the ingredients. Use as needed, about 2 Tablespoons per recipe.
Amount Per Serving
Calories 26 Calories from Fat 9
% Daily Value*
Saturated Fat 1g5%
Vitamin A 1190IU24%
* Percent Daily Values are based on a 2000 calorie diet.